prefabAUS is the peak body for Australia’s off-site construction industry and acts as the hub for building prefabrication technology and design.
prefabAUS is passionate about the role of prefabrication in transforming our built environment, such as decreasing construction time frames and construction waste while increasing quality, productivity and affordability.
As this fifth issue of Built Offsite was being laid out, a report pinged into my inbox showing that Manufactured Housing Estates (MHEs) look set to be a key property growth market over the next decade.
Western Sydney University has established a Centre for Smart Modern Construction (c4SMC) within the School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics as an important and timely initiative which will make the western Sydney constructors future ready.
The Victorian Department of Education and Training has issued an Expression of Interest Request relating to modular permanent school buildings.
2016 Highlights include:
- our third annual conference held in Sydney in October
- the launch of the Built Offsite publication
- pre-launch of the Modular Construction Code
- continued strong growth of PrefabAUS membership
- distributing PrefabAUS logos which members can use to as evidence of membership
- establishing a solid financial position for PrefabAUS to continue and expand it activities
- and the upgrade of our website which went live in September