prefabAUS is the peak body for Australia’s off-site construction industry and acts as the hub for building prefabrication technology and design.
prefabAUS is passionate about the role of prefabrication in transforming our built environment, such as decreasing construction time frames and construction waste while increasing quality, productivity and affordability.
The Victorian Department of Education and Training has issued an Expression of Interest Request relating to modular permanent school buildings.
2016 Highlights include:
- our third annual conference held in Sydney in October
- the launch of the Built Offsite publication
- pre-launch of the Modular Construction Code
- continued strong growth of PrefabAUS membership
- distributing PrefabAUS logos which members can use to as evidence of membership
- establishing a solid financial position for PrefabAUS to continue and expand it activities
- and the upgrade of our website which went live in September
Latest edition of Built Offsite is available. This issue’s look at how offsite construction is responding to the pressing needs of the German market puts the efforts of Australia’s nascent sector into perspective.
This review adopts a structure of evaluating the construction industry’s current and future state which has a strong medical process analogy
- Identify the symptoms
- Diagnose the root causes
- Provide a prognosis
- Establish a treatment plan for recovery
- Keeping the industry under observation
Australian Construction Industry Forum (ACIF) is pleased to welcome PrefabAUS as an ACIF Member, bringing to the industry table one of the newest and fastest growing sectors in building and construction – prefabrication.